Introduction to Dementia and Nutrition
The aim of the course is to enable students to understand why people with dementia refuse to eat and to explore a range of techniques that may encourage the person with dementia to eat.
By the end of the session you will be able to;
- Describe a variety of reasons why people with dementia refuse to eat
- Discuss a range of techniques designed to encourage the person with dementia to eat
- To consider the role of nutrition plays in preventing dementia
- Discuss the Department of Health Nutritional Action Plan
Who is it for?
Residential and Domiciliary care workers including: Carers, Supervisors, and Managers working with older people; or vulnerable adults, in their own home or in care homes and care workers undertaking the Skills for Care Common Induction Standards or Diplomas in Health and Social Care.
- Course Date: To suit
- Course Length: Half day (3 hours) 1 training course
- Course Length: Full day (7 hours) 2 training courses
- Location: Your place of work or a suitable venue can be arranged
- Availability: Full UK coverage
- Course Price:
- Half Day Course - £360 Including VAT
- Full Day Course - £600 Including VAT
- Maximum Of 15 Attendees
(If an appropriate venue needs to be booked an additional charge will be made)
In partnership with