To enable learners to understand the physiological, psychological and sociological impacts of dementia on the individual and their carer’s.
By the end of the session you will be able to;
- Understand the physiological changes that result in dementia and the impact that these changes have on the individual
- Discuss the psychological changes that are the result of dementia and the psychological effects of the illness
- Explain the sociological impact of dementia on the individual suffering from dementia
- Explore the management strategies for caring for the person with dementia
Who is it for?
Residential and Domiciliary care workers including: Carers, Supervisors, and Managers working with older people; or vulnerable adults, in their own home or in care homes and care workers undertaking the Skills for Care Common Induction Standards or Diplomas in Health and Social Care.
- Course Date: To suit
- Course Length: Half day (3 hours) 1 training course
- Course Length: Full day (7 hours) 2 training courses
- Location: Your place of work or a suitable venue can be arranged
- Availability: Full UK coverage
- Course Price:
- Half Day Course - £360 Including VAT
- Full Day Course - £600 Including VAT
- Maximum Of 15 Attendees
(If an appropriate venue needs to be booked an additional charge will be made)
In partnership with